England’s Immigrants 1330-1550: Resident Aliens in the Later Middle Ages
Lecture by Bart Lambert
Paper given at Medieval and Early Modern Records Seminar held in Leeds, on August 2, 2014
- Funded by AHRC
- March 2012 – February 2015
- Partnership between the University of York, The National Archives and the National Humanites Reseach Institute, Sheffield
- Core aim of project – to explore the resident alien population of England, 1350-1550
- People: who, where, when and how?
- Rules: central and local definitions, regulations and policy-making?
- Work: role in economy?
- Culture: integration or ‘ghetto-isation’ in host society?