Bárðar saga as a source for reconstruction of pre-Christian religion?
Paper by Eldar Heide
Given at the second meeting of the Old Norse Folklorist Network, University of Tartu, Estonia, on December 1, 2012
Outline of Lecture:
- Our source situation and alternatives
- Certainty and uncertainty
Useful information from Bárðar saga?
- Information directly relevant to Old Scandinavian religion?
- … or to a different part of Old Scandinavian religion?
- ‘Keys’ that can help us see patterns we could otherwise not notice in the best sources?