Asking price: $1,125,000 USD
This modern day castle, nestled in the upper peninsula of Michigan, offers a chance for those in the Midwest to experience what it’s like to be in a seemingly ancient structure while having the added perk of living in a contemporary interior. Though the wilderness of Northern Michigan provides the castle with a cover of privacy, it’s not in complete isolation, as it’s located five minutes away from downtown Marquette. Architect Jorma Lankinen built this castle in 1985 and remodeled it in 2008. He decided to make it his home until a couple of weeks ago. Now, it’s up for grabs, and boasts a lot of untapped potential for gatherings, get-togethers, or events!
The castle has four bedrooms and four-and-a-half bathrooms, but what else does it have?
- Solid six-panel oak wood doors and trim.
- Hand painted murals on ceilings and walls by local artist Liz Yelland.
- An authentic in-home Finnish sauna, fit for four people, with a separate shower.
- A personal theater and wet bar.
- Separate ground-level handicap-accessible entrance.
- A security system that includes property sensors, motion lights, and cameras.
- Garage space that can fit up to 10 vehicles.
- A 200-amp electric system with a 7.5-kilowatt Kohler generator for potential power outages.
- Fire suppression system and sprinklers on the main floor for mechanical areas.
For more details about this property, please visit https://myre.io/0r2dOdRZrwKdP
124 W. Peck St.
Negaunee, MI 49866(906) 360-1964
MIHomeSellers of eXp