Build a medieval city with new video game
Foundation is a grid-less, sprawling medieval city building simulation with a heavy focus on organic development, monument construction and resource management. Their Kickstarter campaign has already raised $140,000, almost doubling its original goal.
The game features in-depth resource management akin to the Anno (Dawn of Discovery) series, expertly mixed with city building elements from Settlers, SimCity, and Pharaoh all topped with narrative encounters inspired by Crusader Kings II to create the ultimate medieval ant-farm simulation!
In this strategy city-builder economy simulation game, players must create a prosperous settlement as the newly appointed lord of a region untouched by man.
Setting to redefine the city-builder genre, Foundation puts the emphasis on the organic aspects of urbanism in the cities of old, powered by Polymorph Games’ in-house game engine, Hurricane, which allows for full mod support and is optimized for the thousands of moving parts that come with building humongous cities.
Among other things, the engine provides the player with robust building tools to create countless unique monuments that can then integrated into your settlement.
With medieval architecture and urbanism at the forefront of its design, Foundation’s vision is to allow players to recreate cities of that period as they envision them or even as they really were.
Grow your untapped land into a great sprawling kingdom as you appease the political factions of your area, all while listening to a beautiful original soundtrack by the veteran composers who’ve created music for Paradox Interactive’s Crusader Kings II, Europa Universalis IV and The Guild 2-3.
Key features of Foundation include:
- Organic urbanism of the medieval era: Create gridless and organically sprawling cities that grow like actual medieval cities.
- Lay the foundation, thrive, and prosper: Weave a complex web of interactions between inhabitants’ needs and skills, resources availability, extraction, and transformation.
- Unique monument creation tool: Craft and design original free-form monuments like Abbeys, Lord Mansions, Castles and more, with our proprietary node-based tool.
- Full modding support for the community: Create and share characters, buildings, quests, and lots more through our mod-support tool and be part of the Foundation creative community.
- Powered by our own hurricane game engine: Experience a city-building game engineered with a dedicated, tailor-made, in-house engine built with our unique vision in mind.
- Original soundtrack by Paradox veterans: Immerse yourself in our blissful soundtrack by talented composers who worked on titles such as Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV.