From JazReviews, here are the top five Medieval Video Games!
1. Mount and Blade: Warband – Released in 2010 and developed by TaleWorlds, this is a low-cost game allowed players to create their own character and rise through the ranks and become their own king. It was highly praised for its gameplay and multiplayer mode.
2. Medieval II: Total War – This strategy-based game was released in 2006 and created by The Creative Assembly. Set over medieval Europe, Africa and the Middle East, the game combines turn-based strategic rounds and real-time tactically-oriented battles, that allows players to control kingdoms and armies.
3. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare – From Torn Banner Studios, this first person or third person hack and slash game was released in 2012. Players can fight in single or multiplayer modes, and with a wide range of medieval weapons, can lay bloody waste to their enemies.
4. Stronghold – Released in 2001, this immersive game has player taking the role of a lord in a kingdom. Through building your castle and city and defending against invaders, you build your military and economy. Its developer, Firefly Studios, has released several sequels.
5. War of the Roses – Released in 2012, it was developed at Fatshark and released by Paradox Interactive. Set during the Wars of the Roses, it puts the player in control of a single, customizable soldier fighting for either the House of Lancaster or the House of York.