Using the Middle Ages is always a good way to sell stuff! Here are our top ten commercials that have something medieval in them.
1) Pepsi – a 2004 commercial featuring David Beckham, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos and Totti doing what they do best, even if it happens to be on a medieval battlefield
2) Netflix – what would you leave for your fair maiden before going on a quest?
3) Dominoes – the person who posted this wasn’t very happy with the company!
4) Intel Round Table Ultrabook – What’s a king to do!
5) Marines – in the 1980s this is how the US government got men to join the military
6) Capital One – in 2009 this credit card company started a series of ads featuring the Norsemen. Here is one of their best…
7) Drambuie – this commercial is more just weird than good. It starts with a guy being shot at by arrows, but then fast-growing trees come after him.
8) BBC – this 2006 commercial promotes the show Dragon’s Den
9) Grunwald – this 2010 commercial was part of a Polish campaign to generate interest in the 600th anniversary of the Battle of Grunwald
10) Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism – as a Canadian, I’ve seen this commercial many times. It promotes the L’Anse aux Meadows, the site of the only known Viking settlement in North America
Want more medieval? Take a look at our digital magazine – The Medievalverse – Click here to see our latest issues