Ruthven in Badenoch: the excavation of a Highland garrison
Cox, McB Eoin
Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, 128 (1998), 1105-1119
ABSTRACT: Excavations in 1983 brought to light physical evidence for the later medieval castle, including the well, and shed new light on the layout of the military barracks which replaced it after the 1715 Jacobite Rising. The project was funded by Historic Scotland.