Developed by Firefly Studios
To be released in October 2011
For the PC
Your castle walls are being smashed by siege engines, an enemy catapult surrounded by troops is rumbling ever closer, your villagers are starving, wolves have been spotted in a nearby cave, your barracks are desperately empty… Just another typical day for a medieval lord in FireFly Studios’ Stronghold 3. Since first launching in 2001, the Stronghold series has become one of the most respected in its genre thanks to its mix of precision village building, fast-paced real-time gameplay and dramatic sieges with hundreds of enemies swarming over your castle. Stronghold 3 promises to be the best yet, with a keep full of fantastic new features that ensure old and new fans alike experience a gritty slice of medieval life.
- Improved building system allowing unprecedented levels of realism and intricacy in castle and village design
- Realistic physics and cutting-edge graphics bring siege warfare to life in stunning detail
- Story-driven gameplay engages players across two campaigns: combat or economic
- Dramatic nighttime sieges add a new dimension to the Stronghold franchise
- Besiege other players’ castles or defend your own in a range of action-packed online multiplayer modes
- Play through accurately re-created sieges from the pages of history. Will you succeed where others failed?
IGN – “In Stronghold 3, castle building — the foundation of the franchise — has been significantly improved, providing players with unprecedented control over the placement of buildings. This allows them to create their kingdom with a precision that compliments their carefully planned tactics.”
GameSpot – “the long-awaited third installment in the award-winning castle-building series, promises to be the best yet, with a keep full of fantastic new features that ensure old and new fans alike experience a gritty slice of medieval life.”
Want more medieval? Take a look at our digital magazine – The Medievalverse – Click here to see our latest issues